There are so many varieties when it comes to smoothies that they can never get old. Smoothies offer a simple and quick way to get your daily nutrients. According to the USDA’s Choose My Plate, “Fruits are sources of many essential nutrients that are underconsumed, including potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C and folate.”
Strawberry banana smoothie bowl
Servings: 1 | Total time: 5 minutes
What you will need:
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of strawberries, stems removed
- a pinch of cocoa powder
- 6 ice cubes
- a cup of milk
- a handful of granola
What to do:
- Blend together the banana, cocoa powder, 1/2 the ice cubes and milk.
- Pour the mixture into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Blend together the strawberries, ice and milk.
- Pour the smoothie into a swirl-like pattern around the banana smoothie.
- Sprinkle the granola around the top of the bowl.