The past month and a half has been filled with an overabundance of homework, exams and papers but I am finally done with college. I’m ready to step out into the world with my Bachelor of Arts in Journalism!
During this blogging hiatus, I was still looking for great ways to enjoy healthy eating. It can be so difficult to maintain a healthy diet while balancing a full-time job and a full class load and an exercise routine and friendships and so on. Since classes are over but all other responsibilities and past-times continue to take up time in everyone’s lives, it is imperative to find quick recipes. Instead of picking up the phone to order Giordano’s or hopping into the car to grab McDonald’s, check out one of my favorite recipes to make on a busy night where I don’t really feel like cooking:
Spicy cilantro shrimp
Servings: 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
What you will need:
- 2 cups of egg noodles, cooked (about 1/4 of a box)
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- 15-20 shrimp, tail-off and deveined
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper
What to do:
- Cook egg noodles according to the brand directions and drain all water. If the noodles are cooked way in advance of the shrimp being finished – add a small amount of olive oil so the noodles don’t stick together.
- In a large sauce pan heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add shrimp, chopped cilantro, onions, garlic and seasonings stirring to coat all shrimp evenly.
- Once shrimp turns pink and the edges start to curl up slightly remove from heat. Toss with noodles.
- Serve and enjoy!